Sunday, May 18, 2014

Jack the Giant Slayer: A Movie Review

Jack the Giant Slayer: A Movie Review

So while I have no internet connection yesterday, I decided to watch the only movie saved in my laptop. This is the only movie in my laptop because I just had it reformat to update it from windows 7 to windows 8 (My laptop is so old like 6 and a half years old already huhu). Anyways, I'm so glad that I have the time to watch this movie so here's my review about it.




It didn't came to my mind that the origin of the movie is "Jack and the Beanstalk" at first when I read the title of the movie "Jack the Giant Slayer". I just thought that "yeah, maybe American authors like to use the name of Jack for some reasons" but then when i started to watched the movie and there's the beans. Of course I got excited in how the story will turn out and what will be the twist in this old English fairy tale. Thankfully, there was none of the I-just-wasted-my-two-hours feeling after I watched it. Besides the fact that I love stories with king and queen and princess and knights, what I really like about this movie is the adventure. The setting of the story is so medieval. It gives off a nice middle ages ambiance. I love the look of the palace, the market, the farmhouse and the camp base when they we're waiting for Jack and the Princess. I like all of their costume because it fits the medieval concept however there's just one bit out-of-the-theme costume there for me and that costume belongs to none other than the male protagonist of the story. I think that Jack's costume look like a hoodie already. It looks so modern. It's impossible for a middle ages farm boy to look so stylish. I just wish that he'd have one of those clothes without much leather and more ragged-looking. He got a nice physique so I guess it's better for them to show it off than to put leathery clothes on him. Nonetheless, Nicholas Hoult look amazingly handsome in this movie.


I also love the girl who played Princess Isabelle in the movie. I think this is the first time that I have seen here. She looks so stunning in this movie. Every bit of her action and her voice is really like a princess. I think that I would look forward to other films of Eleanor Tomlinson in the future.


However, I was kinda sad that this movie was reported as a financial disappointment to the Legendary Picture, the film production company that produced this movie. I think that this movie "Jack the Giant Slayer" deserves so much more attention to the public. I guess that it wasn't commercialized enough that's why it didn't get the interest of the public during the time when it was released. I really wished that I had seen this on the big screen last year. I'd even watched this 3D. It has a good script. Nice set of characters. Good screenplay than other junkies movies now showing out there. I think that it's a great movie not just for children but for everyone who wants to awaken their heart to adventures and excitement. Well, it did open mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment