Friday, May 16, 2014

My Top 10 Best Romantic Comedy Manga

My Top 10 Best Romantic Comedy Manga

I have always been a fan of manga but my first love really is anime. I started out watching Japanese anime from the moment my brain can remember what I'm doing (Which I guess is the same for all of us). From the legendary Dragon ball Z to my personal fave Sailor Moon to the undying-still-being-aired Doraemon, I'm sure the list goes on  and on about anime that we can associate with our childhood. I can even remember watching Shin chan in channel five (5). And yes, that's how my love for anime began. I really think you're missing out a lot in life if you're not into anime. I learned a lot of important stuff in life in watching this.

During my high school years, I became much more of an anime addict. Although I am really an anime addict, I am not the type to do cosplay (Because it's expensive and I don't have money nor the face haha). I am currently updating myself with my favorite anime One piece. I also watch Naruto, Fairy tail, Bleach, and many more (Really so much more and the list would probably take a big part in this post). And since I'm beginning to reached my curiosity about love during my high school days, I started watching romance anime series too.

Japanese romance anime is usually a twenty five (25) episode series. Although for others, it's good enough already I somehow can't get over to the ending. Usually, I felt that it was "bitin" or it keep me hanging on. That's how I discover the wonders of manga. I searched for the manga of the anime series that I have watched and  voila! There are so many stories and areas of their life that I have yet to know. So here's the list of the Romantic Comedy Manga I am currently or finished reading. Enjoy!


1. Last Game


I choose Last Game as my number one best romantic comedy manga because the story has the purest and sweetest form of love you could ever imagined. It exceeded my expectations about first love. You'll definitely fall in love with the Yanagi, the guy here in the story and Kujou, the girl he loves. They've been together since their kindergarten day up until elementary and high school and now, the present time setting is they are both college students now (Don't ask how it is done because you'll find it funny. A little spoiler: Yanagi is the one following Kujou wherever school she goes/self-made destiny haha). You get to see how their relationship is slowly evolving which makes it so much sweet. I feel so in love reading this. I get all giddy and my heart is banging my chest and I was shouting holding my mouth to minimize the noise whenever they have their oh-so-sweet moments. All I can say is true love really waits.



2. Absolute Boyfriend


I never found myself crying so hard about a manga series until I have read Absolute Boyfriend. You'll definitely love the concept of this story because most of us girls have our ideals about how our first boyfriend will be. And ta-da! Here in the story we are presented with a perfect boyfriend. And I guarantee you that Night (the male protagonist of the story) is the most perfect boyfriend I have ever laid eyes on and don't you dare call him a fictionary character because what I'm sure that what I've felt for him was real! (Sorry if this is going a little bit crazy). You'll definitely get your emotions mixed up, expectations goes up and feel the wonders of first love, heartbreak and holding on to one's love in this story. Just by reading this, I felt that I actually become strong like Riko (the female protagonist).


3. Special A


In so many ways I was hooked in this story. There's a lot of things I love about the anime series too. I personally haven't finished reading the manga yet but I would definitely finish this. I recommend to watch the anime series because its really really good. There's no ending to how I was moved in this anime. I super love all of the characters. All seven of them. I even love the other characters which is their love interest. I love all their different love stories and background. I love everything about this series and I love Kei Takishima. I could not say more to describe how good this anime is. I just love Special A!

4. Kaichou Wa Maid Sama


When I watched this anime (when I was around 2nd year high school), I can't remember how many times my heart clenched because of Usui Takumi. I even dreamed about him in my sleep. Usui Takumi. Usui Takumi. Usui Takumi. I think that I really fell in love with him (Weirdo Alert!). He's the type of guy that if he falls in love with you, he'll really make you his. He is also what every girls dream for a guy. He's possessive at times but you'll definitely love his possessiveness to you (Because he's so handsome!). I also think that he perfectly matched Ayuzawa's strong willed character. I think that they are the best couple in my list because they rely on each other and they're like a partner. You'll love that Ayuzawa is not the typical girl who's relying on the guy for protection and yearning for affection. She's really strong and focused and has a goal. Great great love story.

5. Ouran High School Host Club


I got the lyrics of the opening song in this anime memorized. That's how much I love this anime and partly because I watched this anime so many times already. It never fails to make me happy and in love with all the pretty boys in this host club. If I was asked what would be my dream school then there's no other school for me than the most elite Ouran High School. I'd probably get the chance to meet all of the wonderful, charming, handsome princes in this school. As the story progress, you'll realize that the Ouran High School Host Club is not just boys with pretty faces entertaining the girls of the school. They're more than that. What they offer is friendship and a bond so that everyone will be happy. They're super handsome faces is really a plus. With their different aura and charm and type, you'll find someone to your liking ;) Tamaki is the king of the host club and also the guy I'm secretly in love with for the past few years (Sorry for this!). He then eventually meet  Haruhi, a poor tomboyish student under a scholarship who even can't avail a uniform. He then learns many "commoner" things from Haruhi. All of the members of the host club also became fond of her. Watch as how Tamaki and Haruhi realize their feelings for each other <3

6. Ao Haru Ride


I love the gentleness of love in this story. It's complicated and somehow gives you the feeling that it's like a true to life love story. Anyway and Anyhow, I really enjoyed and love reading this manga but I hate this manga for making my emotions so mixed up! There are moments when I felt that my heart is in my throat because of all their sweet moments and I'm like "Yes! Finally! They will be a couple now!" but then a problem rise up and they're complicated again. I mean come on! There's so many factors in the story already. Adding another guy and making Futaba-chan (the girl) dating another guy worsen their situation (Oops spoiler!) Just read this manga so that you can empathize with my emotions right now :)

7. Faster than a Kiss


I think this is the best student-teacher relationship I have ever read so far. I always loved the thrill of them hiding their relationship from everyone in the school. This fed all of my student-teacher couple fantasies. It gives me an idea of how being in-love with your sensei feels (Because sadly, I also eventually fell in love with Kazuma, the sensei here in the story too). I just love all of their sweet moments. If you just want to feel in-love and happy and bubbly. Take my advice. Read this!

8. Stardust Wink


This is a love triangle story that you really can't choose between the two guys who you would like for Anna. I actually have a hard time who to choose between Sou and Hinata. Right now, I don't have my decision yet. That's how serious the story is. Someone. Help me.

9. Ano Ko no, Toriko


This manga has just started posting on September 2013 but it already made my top ten best romance manga because it is that good. There's only four (4) chapters uploaded in the web but still, I love this manga already and I'll definitely read its update. It's very rare for a manga to make me feel this way instantly!

10. Miseinen dakedo Kodomo ja Nai


I love this manga because I started out as hating the girl in this story, the young mistress Oriyama Karin and eventually I learned to love her. This is a very cute story and the guy here also have some twist in his character. This manga has a lot of twisting going on in the characters but rest assured you'll be suprised and you'll fall in love with them! This story will also make your heart skip a beat and lungs out of breath and eyes dilating and mouth twitching and stomach clenching and intestine folding and...and... that's it I'm out of description how this manga can make you fall in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment