Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Fresh Graduate and Now Officially Unemployed

Fresh Graduate and Now Officially Unemployed


It's been a year since I last wrote on my "secret" blog and now congratulations to me for finally having the time to write again and for finally graduating! Yay! Happy Graduation to me! But like the other million students who graduated this school year I have no idea what to do with my life now... (this blog entry is very personal so this will not pique any of your interest but if you have the time please do read about my rants haha )



They say that graduating, earning a degree in whatever course you like (in my case biology) is the easiest part of life. "Congrats on getting through the easiest part of life", so they say. Well sorry for the word but f*ck you to that person who made that random quote! Yeah I just swear because graduating BS Biology was the hardest part of my 20 years of existence. Everyday was a struggle. The exams, special projects, assignments, thesis and everything in between was crazy. Even the professors was crazy. So yeah, this is really a big milestone for me. Graduating "on time" with my beloved friends was really a big deal for me. I'm really happy. So to celebrate my happiness my friends and I went to boracay and now I just came back from the lovely island and watching all the movies, series and anime that I have missed. I don't even understand myself. I'm not really pressured to do something right now like find a job and be responsible. I don't want that for now. Maybe because I feel so tired for one whole year especially during our thesis time. I can't help but reminisce what I was doing at this exact time. Maybe at this moment I was already at Nueva Ecija for our OJT or I was in Batangas for our Field Biology. It was such a busy and suffocating schedule. I can't help but indulge myself now that I have the time to finally do what I want. I want to bury myself in watching series (just currently finished how to get away with murder which I will make a blog post about later), movies, anime, manga and books. This was the free-est as I can be. Everyday, after graduating I get to wake up without any stress and care from the world that I have to do this statistics, do this paper, prepare for sampling in Marinduque, go to different laboratory for testing, do our thesis and tolerate my thesis adviser. I. don't. have. to. do. that. anymore. I tried my hardest to be strong. To say that I was ok. To numb my mind from thinking of why is this happening to me? why me? Why didn't we get any credits to the thesis that I gave my life for? We didn't deserve any of this. We didn't deserve this treatment. I have to keep myself strong. I have to be happy despite all of those thoughts in my head because what is the point of sulking and blaming and finding answers? I choose to see the light. I don't know why this had to happen but I learned one thing out of all these experiences, I became strong. I know now that I'm closing this chapter of my life with a renewed perspective towards life. I'm gonna find a job, that's for sure with security because I know my capabilities. I know my strong points and weak points. I know how I would react when everything falls apart. I became strong because I knew more about myself and that is something I'm holding on now. I could overcome whatever comes my way for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment